US-CERT encourages users to do the following to help mitigate the risk:
- Review the alert posted by USAA regarding this issue.
- Do not open attachments in email messages from unknown sources.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams (pdf) document for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to the Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks document for more information on social engineering attacks.
- Install anti-virus software and keep virus signature files up to date.